Please note that this terminal does not support voice transmission (IP and VOIP only). For fixed installations, this is a very cost-effective alternative to the Explorer 710 and 510 BGAN terminals.
HUGHES 9502: The world’s most cost-effective BGAN satellite terminal with exceptionally low power consumption
The Hughes 9502 IP satellite terminal provides reliable connectivity over the Inmarsat Broadband Global Area Network (BGAN) for IP SCADA and machine-to-machine (M2M) applications.
The 9502 delivers affordable, global, end-to-end IP data connectivity enabling applications in industry sectors such as environmental monitoring, SmartGrid, pipeline monitoring, compressor monitoring, well site automation, video surveillance, and out-of-band management to primary site communications. Hazardous location accredited version available
The exceptionally low power consumption of Hughes 9502 makes it possible to provide end-to-end ip connectivity in power-challenged locations that rely upon solar-battery arrays.
The Hughes 9502 includes 10 meters of RF cabling, granting the user freedom to position the antenna remotely and away from the transceiver in complex installations while securing the SIM card inside a premise or enclosure to better protect against unauthorized use, theft, and vandalism.
Future firmware releases would be uncommon, meanwhile any such modem update will qualify for no charge over-the-air (OTA) upgrades saving customers time and money.
- No connection charge with BGAN M2M (normal BGAN charge is 100 Kbytes)
- Minimum CDRs only 1 Kbyte (normal BGAN charge is 10 Kbytes)
- No charge over-the-air modem software upgrades
- Exclusive airtime packages unique to the Hughes 9502
- Integrated IP Watchdog to ensure "always-on" network connectivity. No manual intervention required to recover from an outage
- Auto-on/auto-context activation automatically restores power and PDP connection to itself following loss of power and/or IP connection
- Remote control via SMS—remote management platform for command and control to the terminal using SMS, including configuration, debugging, and access to Web interface
- Ultra-low power consumption
- Transmit: < 20 W
- Narrow beam w/o transmit: 3 W
- Idle (regional beam): < 1 W
- Off (wake on packet): < 10 mW (@ 12 Vdc)
- Off (wake on packet): < 30 mW (@ 24 Vdc)
- Off (GPIO control): 0 W
- Relay mode passes WAN IP address to the connected RTU
- Security enhancements with extended layers of embedded security options
- Basic installation; no PC required
- Outdoor unit (ODU) can be pole mounted
- Indoor unit (IDU) is housed inside building or the remote terminal unit (RTU)
- Built-in GPS receiver
- Ethernet connection (RJ45)
- USB–Type B for connection to configuration PC
- RS-232 (DB9) to external NMEA 0183-based GNSS device (e.g., GLONASS receiver)
- TNC connection on the IDU to the external antenna
- Hughes 9502 BGAN M2M Terminal IDU
- 10 meters RF antenna cable
- External antenna (ODU)
- Power supply
- Modem (IDU) strap
- Antenna basic fixed mount kit
- Antenna azimuth elevation bracket
- Extended warranty options
This product requires a SIM card. We offer a wide range of prepaid and postpaid airtime plans. Please contact us to find the right plan for you.