Please note that DeLorme inReach Explorer does not use a SIM card but must be activated on one of the data plans available directly from DeLorme.
inReach Explorer - the world's only truly global satellite communicator now has built-in navigation with waypoints and routing
Navigate, create waypoints, log your trip and find your way back. Send and receive text messages. Trigger an interactive SOS. Plan, track and share your journey. You can do all of this from one rugged handheld device with 100% global coverage from Iridium. You can also pair it with your mobile device to access topographic maps and U.S. NOAA charts.
It will get you anywhere you want to go. Even better, it will get you back.
Create or view a route, drop waypoints, see your detailed GPS tracks, and navigate with the on-screen map view.
View route details such as distance and bearing to destination. Equipped with a digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer.
Plan your route online ahead of time, including waypoints, and share it with family and friends to follow along and watch your progress.
Send and receive 160-character text messages* with GPS coordinates to cell numbers or email addresses worldwide and post updates to social media.
Adjustable tracking intervals from 10 minutes to 4 hours allow you to track your trip and share your location, including GPS coordinates, course elevation and speed.
Trigger an SOS, receive a delivery confirmation, and communicate back and forth with our 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center.
Technical Specifications and Important Information
- Includes digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer
- Includes an odometer and displays useful trip statistics while in the field, such as trip time, max speed, moving average, trip distance
- 100 hours of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode with a clear view to the sky
- Color screen and virtual keyboard with predictive text for standalone two-way messaging
- GPS accuracy to +/- 5 meters
- Waterproof/dustproof (IP67; standard submersion to 1 meter for 30 minutes)
- Impact-resistant (Mil-STD-810G for shock)
- Internal lithium polymer battery (2,450 mAh capacity at 3.7 V)
- SOS messages are received by GEOS, a worldwide emergency response coordination center with 24/7/365 staffing
- Weight: 6.7 ounces
- Email, SOS and tracking functions work anywhere in the world; SMS availability may vary by country.
- 100% global coverage via the Iridium satellite network, which is the world's furthest-reaching satellite communications network
- Maintains a satellite signal lock even in difficult GPS environments and embeds precise location coordinates in sent messages
- Pairs via Bluetooth with Apple iOS, Android, or Kindle Fire with bluetooth (smartphones and tablets)